How we deliver a dream holiday
PRIVATE TRAVEL ICELAND
PRIVATE TRAVEL ICELAND specializes in tailor made private & luxury travel in and around Iceland. Our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that deliver more than what was asked for. It is our job to understand exactly what you are looking for by using our experience, contacts and insights, to create a holiday that fits your precise requirements. A trip that incorporates the experiences, activities, style of accommodation, pace of travel and the level of luxury that are important to you. YOU are our priority & our aim is to give you the best value for your money.
We can proudly say that we offer the best service possible having the most experience in Iceland in the luxury travel industry. We are extremely well connected and we will make sure you won’t leave without seeing and experience true Iceland. We love what we do, we love our island and we will make our absolute best in making you fall in love with it too.
PRIVATE TRAVEL ICELAND
The following conditions will form your contract with Private Travel Iceland. Please read them carefully before you book. When you make a booking you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you understand our booking conditions, and have accepted them on behalf of yourself and all members of your party.
(1) To secure your booking we require a deposit of 20% of the total holiday cost per person - or as advised by PTI. If your booking is within 60 days of departure, then full payment is required. Payment can be made by bank transfer and the bank details can be found on your invoice.
(2) Special Requests should be indicated in writing at the time of booking. We will take note of your request and do our best to be accommodated. The provision of any Special Request does not constitute a term of your contract with us unless we have confirmed in writing that your requirement will be met.
(3) It is important for you to check the details on the Confirmation Invoice as soon as you get it. In the event of any discrepancy please contact us immediately.
(4) The balance is due 60 days before departure. If it is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your travel arrangements and retain your deposit.
(1) Amendments by yourself: PTI will make every effort to assist you if you wish to alter your arrangements , but it may not always be possible. If you are unavoidably prevented from taking your holiday, by reason of, for example, illness or the death or serious illness of a close family member, it may be possible to transfer your booking to a person acceptable to PTI you must allow reasonable time for the changes to be communicated to, and accepted by, the supplier.
(2) Cancellation by yourself: All cancellations must be advised in writing. Cancellations are effective on the day they are received by PTI. The following cancellation charges will be payable, depending upon the number of days prior to departure PTI receives your notice of cancellation. Days prior to Departure Date % of Total Holiday Cost: More than 61 days loss of deposit: 60-46 days 25% of Total Holiday Cost; 45-29 days 60% of Total Holiday Cost; 28-7 days 90% of Total Holiday Cost Within 6 Days 100% of Total Holiday Cost. Please note that at certain times of the year, peak season, stricter cancellation conditions may apply. We strongly urge you to secure travel insurance, which in most cases include cover, under certain circumstances, against loss of deposit/cancellation fees, at the time of booking.
(1) Tour excursions may change as a result of local conditions. Circumstances such as these, or weather conditions, may cause some of the amenities we have described to be unavailable or different from those advertised. When we are told of any significant changes we will always advise you prior to your departure.
(2) Force majeure means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond PTI's control or the control of our suppliers, the consequence of which neither PTI nor its suppliers could avoid even with all due care, including, but not limited to, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, unavoidable technical problems with transport, machinery or equipment, power failure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, drought, adverse weather conditions, epidemics or outbreaks of illness and level of water in rivers.
(3) lf PTI becomes unable to provide a significant proportion of your holiday after it has commenced, every effort will be made to provide suitable alternative arrangements, which will be made for you at no extra charge to you (save in the case of force majeure)
(4) Please note that when you book an excursion/accommodation or any other service locally you contract with the local company providing that excursion and not PTI.
(5) Every effort is made to ensure that the details, description and prices contained in PTI literature are correct, based on inspections, and information passed to PTI by its suppliers. However changes do occur, sometimes at short notice and therefore PTI will advise you at the time of booking, or if after booking as soon as possible. It is not always possible for PTI to control all elements of the holiday whereby advertised facilities can sometimes become unavailable at short notice due to inclement weather conditions, lack of demand, emergency repair works etc.
(1) PTI applies all reasonable checks to ensure that those involved in the preparation and provision of your holiday maintain the appropriate standards.
(2) The descriptions, information and opinions given on the website by PTI in respect of the hotels and other suppliers whose services are used are given in good faith, based on the latest information available at the time of printing.
(1) Your Holiday includes all the services that are listed in the agreed itinerary.
(2) Your holiday does not include: Passport/Visa Costs, Holiday Insurance, Personal Expenditure (such as Room Serive, Telephone Calls, Laundry etc), Gratuities (For local Staff, Drivers, Guides, Hotel/Boat Staff)
(3) Luggage: Vehicle's can only accommodate 1 piece of luggage per person. If you or your passengers will have more this must be advised as arrangements must be made where there made be extra costs incured - which you will be advised of.
(1) Payments are made by WIRE/BACS Transfer to our account on the invoice. If you wish to pay with Crediot Card we will have to pass a 4% credit card fee on from the Bank.
(2) Payments through WIRE/BACS will be done in Euro Currency. Credit Card Payments will be issued in ISK
(3) Agency Commission can be paid back to agencies with an invoice, if the client pays PTI directly.